Tuesday 25 May 2021
May 28 – 30th A series of short films will be shown in the Courthouse
- Animated short film, ‘In Those days’ by KAVA member
- Film ‘Them’ by award winning filmmaker Robin Lochmann “THEM” is an independent short film produced in Berlin, Germany.In a forgotten village, where everyone is cut from the same cloth, a new, self-proclaimed leader arrives changing the local way of life. Dividing lines are carved out as the once unified society is torn and segregated. “THEM” is a cautionary tale of misguided ideologies, destructive leadership and of being an outsider. But most importantly, it is a film about celebrating what we have in common rather than what separates us.
- Artist’s collaboration with ConTempo, part of
Creative Responses, the community outreach branch of Galway Music Residency
- 5 Years of KAVA: a slide show looking back on KAVA’s past events and how KAVA has been a part of the enrichment of the cultural community of Kinvara
- KAVA Presents…a series of short artist introduction videos put together as a remote collaboration by Craig McLeod and the individual KAVA artists. This was a big project to undertake remotely and shows how important that connection is and how difficult things can be when contact is limited.
- Short videos including ‘Zack and Silk’, “Cosmic Joe” & “364 Days at Sea” by Louise Wallace, a visual artist and filmmaker in the West of Ireland.
June 4 – 7th A KAVA member’s art exhibition will be displayed in the Courthouse of artwork created during the lockdown. The only criteria for the artwork is that it has been finished, but not necessarily framed. The artwork will NOT be for sale. It is to be a showcase of how visual expression can reflect the times we are living in.
The Courthouse will be open for public viewing on the mentioned dates from: