Eurodesk Ireland invites young individuals aged 13-30 in Ireland to commemorate peace and unity on Europe Day, celebrated annually on May 9th.
This special day marks the signing of the “Schuman Declaration” in 1950, which laid the foundation for the European Union.
To honour the values of Europe Day, Eurodesk Ireland is hosting an exciting photography competition, offering an opportunity for young people to showcase their creativity and connect with like-minded individuals. Get ready to express your vision of peace and unity through the lens of your camera!
The theme of the competition is peace/unity and participants are encouraged to capture what peace and unity in Europe means to them, using their mobile phones or cameras.
The competition is open to young people aged 13-30 who are residents of Ireland (for participants under the age of 18, parental or guardian consent should be given via the consent form (see below).
Participants can send their photo and application form to the email address of their local Eurodesk office before the deadline on Sunday, May 28th.
Winners will be selected in three different age categories: 13-15, 16-18, and 19-30.
Each age category will have one national winner, who will receive a professional camera of their choice worth 500 euros.
The judging criteria will consider the relevance to the theme, clarity of the photo, creativity, and adherence to formatting requirements.
Criteria and selection
- Your photo and description should be related to the theme of “Peace and Unity”.
- Make sure your photo is clear and visible.
- Be creative and express your artistic style.
- Follow the formatting requirements (below).
- Submit your entry before the deadline Sunday, May 28th
When submitting your photo for the competition, it’s important to follow these guidelines:
- Make sure the photo is sent as a JPEG file and that it is no larger than 5MB.
- Basic editing like adding colour, filters, or cropping is allowed as long as it does not change the authenticity of the photo.
- Only submit photos that are your own original work; do not include anything that is taken/copyrighted by someone else or generated using AI.
- Do not include any logos, copyright marks, or visible references on the images.
Remember to have fun and good luck with your entry!
More information on the contest, the required forms and contact details of local Eurodesk offices can be found here.