A public consultation on the draft Autism Innovation Strategy is now open! We’d love to hear the views of the autistic community, their families and supporters. The deadline for the consultation is 4pm on Friday 1st March.
Find survey here: https://bit.ly/3ORsT0s
AsIAm and Minister @AnneRabbitte have announced new funding for a first of its kind Augmentative and Alternative communication (AAC) Support Programme. The funding has been provided by the HSE. Read more here: https://asiam.ie/asiam-receives-e1m-project-funding-from-department-of-children-equality-disability-integration-and-youth/
Really exciting day as we launch our ambitious AAC Support Programme with support from @HSELive. This will enable us to provide devices and support to up to 550 families in the year ahead - removing barriers to communication. Thank you for @AnneRabbitte for making this possible
Delighted to visit the home of Connacht Rugby and confirm that my Department is in a position to enter into a Grant Agreement for €20m in LSSIF funding.
Very glad to congratulate the @connachtrugby U-18 girls team on their recent success and get some insights from Mack Hansen!
- Minister for Education Norma Foley TD hosts social media summit to discuss online safety for children and young people February 18, 2024
- €43.2 m in funding for improving and maintaining Galway roads – Rabbitte February 15, 2024
- Minister Rabbitte opens National Disability Strategy Town Hall Event in Galway February 15, 2024
- University of Galway has secured €814,000 under a special funding programme to improve access to higher education and learning for people with intellectual disability. February 15, 2024
- Professor Orla Muldoon appointed to the Medical Council February 8, 2024