Galway County Council has announced details of the new €762,000 Community Climate Action Fund for communities and not-for-profit organisations interested in developing projects and initiatives focusing on addressing climate change.
The funding will support small (up to €20,000), medium (€21,000-€50,000), and large-scale (€51,000-€100,000) community climate action projects in five key theme areas, namely community energy, travel, food and waste, shopping and recycling, and local climate and environmental action.
The Climate Action Team at Galway County Council are running a series of a series of public and online information events, workshops and webinars on the Climate Action Fund.
- Online – 11th December 2023 @ 7pm (Registration link below)
- In-person – 13th January 2024 @ 10am-4pm Claregalway Hotel. ( Registration link to follow)
The PPN will host the online webinar in collaboration with the Climate Action Team and horticulturist and Environment Consultant Aoife Munn.
Topics covered will include:
- Powerpoint presentation on the Climate Action Fund by Denise Feeney
- Information on rain gardens, their uses, where to site them
- Tree planting and which trees would suit which site in your community
- Making use of dead unused spaces in your community, variety is the key!
- Discuss local food production and how you can encourage more food to be grown locally in your community,
- Supporting sustainable growers and creating local seed banks.
- Looking at waste as a community and how you can reduce what goes to landfill
- Zero costing ideas that will enhance your application and lots more
There will also be time for questions after.
To Join the online meeting here:
When: Dec 11, 2023 07:00 PM
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.