- €1,000,000 is being made available to applicant groups operating at national, regional and local level to support the implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism.
- The overall objective of this fund is to provide funding for national and regional projects, as well as local initiatives, that aim to combat racism and foster racial equality and community cohesion.
- The grant scheme is open to applications from existing non-government organisations and community organisations that have a specific focus on anti-racism initiatives.
The Minister of State for Community Development, Integration and Charities, Joe O’Brien, announced that applications can now be made for funding from the Ireland Against Racism Fund.
The Ireland Against Racism funding call is an important element in supporting the implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism, which was published on 21 March 2023.
The funding call arises from Action 2.14 of the plan which states: ‘‘Provide funding for national and local initiatives that aim to combat racism and foster racial equality and community cohesion, in order to support the implementation of this plan and the achievement of its objectives’’.
Announcing the fund, Minister O’Brien said:
The funding call announced today follows on from the launch on March 21st of the National Action Plan Against Racism, and recognises the need for dedicated support for organisations with programmes and initiatives that directly address the issue of racism in Ireland.
Provision of this funding underscores the Government’s commitment to tackling racism in this country and making life better for both migrants and Irish people who may be subjected to racist discrimination.
There are two streams of funding;
- Scheme A will provide grants, ranging from €50,000 to €100,000, to organisations for national and regional projects.
- Scheme B will provide grants, ranging from €5,000 to €10,000, to organisations for local projects.
Applications for funding will remain open until noon on 31st May. Groups can access a detailed guidance document and complete an online application form by clicking on the right scheme below:
Applications for Funding will be assessed according to the following criteria:
• Strategic fit and achieving the goals of the Scheme
• Strength of proposal
• Capacity of applicant organisation to deliver work programme
• Financial management and value for money